It's kind of weird to include this site in it's own projects gallery, right? It's kind of like a weird recursive portfolio piece. Well, I consider this site to be a kind of jam-stack proof of concept and I needed a place to detail the work I put into this project and features I brought to life.
This site is proof that connecting a Svelte Kit front-end with a Directus 9 back-end is an extremely powerful combination. After working with WordPress for 12+ years, I knew it was time to figure out a new stack that would allow a more direct access to data and data flow. I also knew that serverless and edge-cached front-ends were the future.
After experimenting with Vue & headless WordPress, I knew that I could do better. Finding Svelte was like getting wind in my sails. When Directus made the switch from PHP to Node, I tried it within the first week of it's public release and was blown away at it's speed and power. I knew that this stack was going to be extremely powerful.
This is a full-stack project with no 3rd party style or component libraries used. The content is modelled and managed in Directus 9. The front-end is a SvelteKit project delivered by Cloudflare Pages.
Technologies & Features
- Blog comment & reply system with Discord integration for alerts
- Custom contact form with validation, spam prevention and Discord integration
- Responsive project gallery system (seen above)
- Dynamicly generated social share images for blog posts & projects
- Custom page transitions and animations
- Dynamically generated XML sitemap & meta tags